What makes a face funny, what makes you laugh

Take a quick look at this from the BBC.

I am sorry to point this out to the people who did this study but they have failed to take any notice of what actually makes people funny and what makes other laugh. Let me help a little here, it has something to do with 'being' funny. They say chiseled jaw and high forehead aren't funny, but feminine features are. Excuse me, but have these people never heard of Tommy Cooper or John Cleese? I mean surely they must have, especially Cleese, after all I'm sure some of those involved were students, and the Parrot sketch is still required reading in further education.

Oh dear, I mean what have scientists ever done for us?

1 comment:

Steve Tilley said...

Chiselled nose, high forehead, blue/brown eyes and some of my own teeth, hair increasingly discussed in the past tense but drop dead sharp of wit. Yes, I'm compelling company in the dark.