Ariel, energy saving and climate change

I am all for trying to save energy and therefore save the planet from its global warming calamity. Therefore when I watched the new Ariel washing powder advertisement on TV (those commercial channels not the very good and wonderful BBC - I slipped) I was very pleased.

There new washing powder washes just as well at 30 degrees as it does at 40 degrees... wonderful. The advert continues to tell us that if we all wash at 30 degrees it could save copious amounts of energy, in fact a 10 degree reduction can save up to 40% energy. This is fantastic, we can all save that much energy.

However, they then spoil it all by suggesting that energy can be used to light up to 1000 villages. Sorry, but I thought the point of saving energy was that you didn't use it.

Take a look at the current Ariel campaign here, and you can view the advert here.

No comments: